Re: [Amps] Screen Supply

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Screen Supply
From: Ian White G/GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 15:55:26 +0100

Also download the QEX article for some basic information about screen
supplies - including ideas to avoid.

But according to the tube data, we're taking about a 1500V screen supply
at 170mA! That's a bit rich for my normal solid-state screen regulator.

However, the Tetrode Boards manual may still provide some design ideas.
For example, you could think about using the solid-state control circuit
with a vacuum-tube shunt regulator. A 4CX250B might just about hack
it... you wouldn't be short of cooling air...

--
73 from Ian G/GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek