Re: [Amps] gs35b on hf problem .

To: "Carlo Houben" <carlo.houben1@pandora.be>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] gs35b on hf problem .
From: "Jerry Muller" <k0tv@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:30:49 -0500
Is your glitch resistor a wire wound resistor? Your glitch resistor needs to
be able to handle the full supply voltage for however long it takes to
discharge the filter caps. Typically this isn't a long time and the wattage
rating of the resistor can probably handle it. The key specification here is
that the resistor needs to be able to handle the full supply voltage for a
few milliseconds. Wire wound resistors don't cut it. They blow when a glitch
occurs.

Metal film or carbon comps are OK.

I haven't started my GS35B amp yet, but I'm planning one for 70cm.

73 es gl,

Jerry, K0TV