Re: [Amps] Anode Impedance of 4-400A

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Anode Impedance of 4-400A
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:46:42 -0800

On Nov 16, 2005, at 7:11 AM, Peter Voelpel wrote:

True, if grid current is allowed to run higher then 1mA,
but these tube family is not built for AB1,

Eimac rates the 4-400A and 4-400C for Class AB1 linear service. In my opinion, 800 screen volts and 4000 anode volts are about right. With a 50Ω grid termination, neutralization should be optional. Drive requirement with such would be c. 190W.

I prefer to run them in highµ service anyway.

Grounded-grid is undoubtedly the universal cure-all for lack of linearity.

73 Peter