Re: [Amps] GS-35B Grid Current?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS-35B Grid Current?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 20:31:58 +0000
Hello Mike

>What should be the nominal grid current for a GG GS-35B with ~3000 V
>on the anode and 1500 Watts output (~0.8 A on anode)?

About 250-300mA.

>What is the
>maximum grid current for a GG GS-35B?

Depends what you mean by "maximum"...

In anything you would describe as "normal" operation, the maximum would
be about 350mA. If it's significantly higher than that, then either
voltage is too low.

In the Triode Board manual I recommended 400mA as a suitable full-scale
meter reading, and also a suitable level for the grid current trip,
because that is into the region where most people would not want to go.

--
73 and HNY
from Ian GM3SEK