[Amps] RFI Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RFI Question
From: "K6QD" <K6QD@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:22:14 -0800
I don't know if this is the correct forum for my question, so if not, I
apologize.
I have a friendly neighbor who has recently installed new light dimmer controls
on three lamps.  I am causing his lamps to go on & off when running any power
over 100W on all HF bands.  I had not seen this type of dimmer before, but it
is a small (2" x 2" x 3/4") plastic box with 4 leads exiting.  The 4 leads go
to 1) 115 hot, 2) 115 neutral, 3) 115 to the lamp and 4) control lead to the
metallic base of the lamp.  By momentarily touching the lamp base one can set
the brightness to 3 levels as well as off.  Opening the box, I find one IC
(8-pin mini-dip), one TO-220 (appears to be a pass transistor - nomenclature:
"BT136", "600D") and multiple R, C & diodes on a single-sided PCB.  There is no
reference to the manufacturer other than "China".  I can generally understand
how the device works even though I cannot reference what the IC is.  The IC
nomenclature is "DI-2417" & "C4841917-6A".  Has anyone had any experience
correcting an interference problem with one of these type de
 vices?  Thanks!   Mike K6QD