Re: [Amps] HB amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HB amps
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 14:32:26 -0500

A pair of 813's will easily produce 600 watts output and do it for years and
years. They are very rugged tubes. I have an amp with a pair of them that I
built in the mid 60's and it still has the same pair of tubes. At one time I
ran them with over 3000 volts on the plates for several years with the
plates regularly showing color and power out well above 600 watts.
The same tubes now run at around 2500 volts and still put out 600 watts and
no color.

Not the best tube in the world but for the price and as rugged as they are
they are hard to beat.
They will perform well on a wide range of voltages too. 2000 to 3000 volts.

73
Gary  K4FMX