Re: [Amps] HB amps

To: "Ian White GM3SEK" <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HB amps
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 08:33:27 -0500
Hi Guys,

No matter the IMD characteristics one db. either way, I'm of the opinion
that if somebody wants to uphold the noble Amateur Radio tradition of our
group being a collection of "...tinkerers & experimenters" by actually
BUILDING something, he/she should be applauded...!

Most anyone with a VISA card nowadays can buy the most advanced of
appliances, but that holds little sway in my opinion as to who the TRUE Ham
Radio op is...

Heck, I've built self-excited 1929-style Hartley & Colpitts transmitters,
and have actually USED them on the air, all-the-while sitting alongside my
imported rigs from Japan, Inc. --- and nobody needs to present me with the
argument of which rig is superior to the other, Hi. I already know, it's
quite obvious, but re. the old technology / hardware, I actually BUILT
something, as opposed to having simply UNBOXED it...

"...813 lovers, wherever you may be, go forth and prosper, indeed, go forth
and MULTIPLY...!"

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ