Re: [Amps] Pin Diodes

To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pin Diodes
From: R@contesting.com;Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 08:57:40 -0800
The Jennings catalog is another source of speedup circuits.  The basic
theory behind the technique is to quickly overcome the 0.7H of L in the
RJ-1A or HC-1 by applying additional V at turn on in order overcome
said inductance and speedup current flow  -- however, limiting
steady-state current to the mfg's specification with a series R.
Typically, make time can be cut to c. one-third using this method.

Rich Measures, 805.386.3734, AG6K, www.somis.org