Re: [Amps] Pin Diodes

Subject: Re: [Amps] Pin Diodes
From: Ian White GM3SEK <>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:11:20 +0000
Somebody wrote (sorry, the direct message didn't arrive here):
>> Do you have a schematic for such an "accelerator" circuit or can you
>> point me at one in the published literature?

>Paul, W9AC

There is also a circuit originated by K1KP, and publicized by K6XX,
which does not need a high voltage rail. It works directly from the
relay's existing supply rail.

This whole thing is a race against time to avoid hot-switching, so it's
vital not to waste valuable milliseconds using a relay-driven PTT output
from the transceiver. It's got to be the fast solid-state output.

The version of the K1KP/K6XX on my website includes a low-voltage
interface that will work with even the wimpiest solid-state output.

73 from Ian GM3SEK

Amps mailing list