Re: [Amps] CD Cap

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] CD Cap
From: "Rich" <rdjmgmt@socket.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:44:42 -0600

Ian wrote: Have you told us everything that is printed on the capacitors

themselves?
 Well I went back to CD web pages and did a little more digging. The 381
type caps are high ripple and have a rating of 1.8 amps at 120 Hz. This
should work for my P/S as I do not intend to load it very heavy.

>This also brings up another question, I am going to use an old
transformer. It has 230v input, three input terminals, out put is with
terminals 1-2, 3000vac, with terminals 1-3 ,2090vac. Resistance is
.45ohms
input(1-2) or 1.02ohms input (1-3), output R is 41.4 ohms at terminal
4-5.
In another thread it was brought up about transformers for a choke input
might be a problem?? How do I tell and why do I care? This is an old
surplus transformer even to the point of having spark gap balls in
parallel with the output terminals.
I intend to build this with a soft start relay set up.

Rich, kd0zz