[Amps] Riv-nuts installing

To: amps@contesting.com (Amps)
Subject: [Amps] Riv-nuts installing
From: N7KA@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 05:54:18 +0000
When installing a rivnut you do not want the rivnut to spin.  The hand header I
mentioned has a threaded end for the rivnut to be installed lets say 10-32.
This threaded intothe rivnut, completely thru is best.  Then a larger diameter
section that is threaded , lets say 3/8-X.  A lage (wide nut) is locatedd on
thes 3/8 threaded area.  The end of this doublethreaded "rod" has a allen head.

To installed the rivnut, thread rivnut onto 10-32 end and place rivnut into
hole.  Use allen wrench to hold the threaded portion fromturning.  Use a wrench
and torque the large 3/8 nut which ends up pulling on the threaded rod without
turning.  The movement will pull on the back of the rivnut and when the rivnut
head is held securely to the metal it will expand on back side of the metal
securing it by pressure as the expanded portion tries to get closer to head of
rivnut.  When complete reverse direction on large nut t loosen then enscrew
entire tool from rivnut.  Gosh, I hope this is clear.  I can think of only one
somwhat similar setup and its the adjustment for steering box (at least on my
Cherokee).

73 de Arne N7KA

.