Re: [Amps] Sources of CPVC for GS35b Chimney

To: "Tony King - W4ZT" <amps080605@w4zt.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Sources of CPVC for GS35b Chimney
From: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:42:02 -0700
Tony, your point is well taken and the explanation on your site is very
probable. I usually space PA tubes at least three inches from walls in my
amplifiers so this is probably why I have never had problems with hot
spots,etc..It`s very understandable for a plastic based chimney to be burnt
if spaced closely between an rf generating device and a fairly large piece
of metal...Of course the design Q of the tank as well as other factors such
as circulating current may produce similar effects...Perhaps some of the RF
engineers on the list may care to comment..73,Jim  K7RDX..