Re: [Amps] W6PO 2m amplifier - input circuit adjustment

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] W6PO 2m amplifier - input circuit adjustment
From: "David G4FTC" <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:37:06 +0000
Thanks for the replies.

I did use the squeeze/expand method to initially test the amp using the
"cold" method of placing a resisitor equal to the calculated tube drive
impedance across the cathode and adjust the coils and capacitor for minimum
return loss.

The resultant input SWR was about 1.6:1 - in reality perfectly acceptable -
but I thought that it would be nice to have a method of tweaking the circuit
for an even better match while the amp in under power.

The amp can produce 2kW out with none of the operating parameters exceeding
the Eimac datasheet values so I really can't complain.

73s

David G4FTC