[Amps] Cleaning OT Components...

To: "Old Tube Radios" <glowbugs@piobaire.mines.uidaho.edu>,<antiquewirelessassociation@egroups.com>,<Ham-Radio-History@yahoogroups.com>, <amps@contesting.com>,<hbr@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [Amps] Cleaning OT Components...
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 05:28:34 -0500
Good Morning All,

I think I may well have stumbled upon yet another application for the good ol'
automatic dishwasher in the kitchen...CLEANING BLACK, WRINKLE-FINISHED
COMPONENTS...!

Specifically in my instance, the absolute spic & span cleaning of an old,
SEALED, 10-henry filter choke. I agonized over how I might best clean this
thing (wrinkle finishes drive me nuts!), when it dawned on me: why not just put
it inside the dishwasher with the next load & see what might happen...?

VOILA! It came out absolutely SPOTLESS! I made sure I pulled it out just before
the washer went into the heat/dry cycle, though, for fear of the thing either
(A) exploding (it IS a sealed unit), or, (B) cracking the porcelain insulators
surrounding the two electrical terminals...

"FYI"

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ