Re: [Amps] AMPS

To: "'W7RY'" <w7ry@centurytel.net>, "'Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AMPS
From: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:42:06 -0400
The GM3SEK and WD7S Triode and Tetrode Controller boards,
when suitably integrated, when properly adjusted, serve to
protect tubes and power supplies in a much faster time frame
than fuses.

Incorporating these modules into amplifiers is a chore
involving careful measurement and alignment, but the
end result when testing the protection circuitry is
satisfying.

So far I have incorporated three of these units into
projects here. Each of the devices has their quirks
as do they their merits. A full set of protection
schemes is worth every penny spent, as one glitch
can wipe out tubes we spend thousands of dollars on.

Hal
W4HBM