Re: [Amps] TE Systems

To: "'John Lemay'" <john@carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] TE Systems
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 07:42:06 -0500
John,

Burghardt's Amateur Radio is a TE systems dealer.
However, I had some issues when ordering my own TE SYS amplifiers.

The wires got crossed between the dealer and TE on my 222 amp and I ended up
with 10 watts input to 100 OUT instead of 20, well it blew up the first time
I cranked up the power.  Whoa how come this is making 120 watts?  Whoops no
it isn't, where'd it go?  Spend $500+ bucks and POOF, gee thank you, spend
$75 plus shipping more for repairs. Not covered under warrantee and the
dealer washed his hands of it.

I have 3 matching units, Mine are all continuous duty linears with no TR for
2 -222- 432. Turn on the DC power and they are running ready to amplify.
They take specified wattages input and make 100 Watts out each to drive
8877's and an 8938 cavity on 432.

I went big dissipation, no fans for quiet in the shack (finals make enough
noise) for doing EME and terrestrial contesting SSB and CW.

These amplifiers are custom built for my use, very large heatsink 12.25"
high and 19" rack wide.  They are very nice units.  All with N connectors.

TE Systems is a one horse operation, and to top that he's only around part
time.  He'll take a couple weeks OFF during holidays, etc.  It isn't the
fault of your UK dealer things take so long, it's the guy himself.

The quality is good but make sure your specifications are very clear on
ordering what you are expecting.  Unless you order a catalog piece. But he
still needs to build them.

HAVE FUN pop in here at my place and you can sterilize yourself on 432, has
kept me alive in secret since the old Led Zeppelin Days.

BOB DD