Re: [Amps] Russian power L-coupler

To: g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk, Peter Voelpel <df3kv@t-online.de>,amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Russian power L-coupler
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 12:21:35 -0500
I wonder how bad the varicouplers really are.  The they often don't have a
rolling or rubbing contact like roller inductors because a piece of very
flexible wire can be used. Also, you can go from max. inductance to minimum
80 degrees.  At minimum their Q's would be low but L-networks have lower
Q's than T-networks. The Q goes as the square root of impedance ratio. So
if you matching 50 ohms to 5000 the Q would still only be 10.

73
Bill wa4lav