Re: [Amps] Spiral Wound Coils

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Spiral Wound Coils
From: "Glenn McNeil" <vk4tzl@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:52:52 -0000
Hi Group,

Those edge wound spiral wound coils I have for sale on this Group are very
similar to the coils depicted on the Nebraska Surplus Website, down the bottom
of the page...

http://www.surplussales.com/Antennas/TransVarInductor.html

My coils are not fitted with the three long spacers, but could easily be as
there are mounting holes approx where the spacers are located. I have yet to
measure the Inductance, but will do today. The Tx Units they came out of were
spec'ed from 1.6 to 30 Mhz 1kW continous, so I assume they would work at 160M.
My price of $30 USD each is somewhat cheaper then NSS !

73
Glenn

P S These are USED devices, but it excellent condition given they have been in
service for 30 years.