Re: [Amps] Transformer question...

To: Bill Otten <harpman54@tampabay.rr.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer question...
From: Radio WC6W <wc6w_amps@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 08:27:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bill,
  I have several UTC catalogs from 1956 through 1964
and they all list the S-50 as having a center tapped
secondary.

  I used to have a couple of parts from that family
myself back in the 2nd millennium.   I gave one of
them to a friend who was building an amp with a pair
of 4CX250's.  It was just about right for that
application.

  The S-50 weighs right around 50 pounds.  Unless
your's weighs condsiderably more, I'd doubt your
supposition that you have a unit good for 300mA across
the full secondary.

  Now, I'll engage in a bit of guessing...

  Maybe in the dark distant past the center tap
terminal was somehow removed?

  Perhaps a version was made with the center tap
connected the case?

73 & Good morning,
  Marv WC6W

http://wc6w.50webs.com/