Re: [Amps] Project for 8122 tubes

To: <7z1sj@jeeran.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Project for 8122 tubes
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:51:57 -0400
The military used them at UHF in cavities.

You could also look at the various 4CX250 VHF/UHF Handbook and magazine amps
for circuits. Then adjust RF circuitry for the different values of the 8122.
The 4CX250 series screen ring capacitor, Johnson 124-113, fits the 8122. The
8122 uses the same socket as the 8873, 8874, 8875, 3CX800 and is readily
available from several amp manufacturers.

The 8122 has a very fragile screen. Use protective circuitry and keep the
voltage at no more than 350 with a 2500V Ep. A Es of 300 is fine with a 2000
Ep.

The Johnson 6 and 2 Thunderbolt uses 4X150's and is a decent circuit to copy
for a 2 band amp. The manual is on BAMA.

Ive used the 8122 for over 40 years and it is a good tube as long as care is
taken to protect it.

Carl
KM1H
National Radio 1963-69