[Amps] BeO in tubes

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] BeO in tubes
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:02:14 -0500
The original RCA 8072/8121/8122 had no screen grid support which resulted in
heat distortion bending it into the plate and ZAP. Around late 1966 ceramic
spacers were used; Ive no idea if any BeO was used but National Radio 8122
warranty failures were returned to RCA for evaluation. That resulted in the
final fix in 1967-8.

Carl
KM1H