Re: [Amps] Misconceptions about hazmat in ham radio equip

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Misconceptions about hazmat in ham radio equip
From: Bob Nielsen <n7xy@clearwire.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 13:28:07 -0800
Beryllium is an interesting metal, brittle but light weight and
capable of withstanding very high temperatures.  I used some over 40
years ago for antennas on the NASA ATS-1 and -3 satellites.  The
machine shops which handle it must take special precautions to
capture the dust, which you definitely do not want to inhale.

Bob, N7XY