[Amps] Alpha 87A Tubes 3CX800A7 and the 3CX P 800A7

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 87A Tubes 3CX800A7 and the 3CX P 800A7
From: "Larry P. Greenberg" <wa9mag@ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:09:18 -0600
Jerry,

My 87A draws around 35 to 50 ma grid current for 1,500 watts out.  Before
installing AlphaMax, sometimes it would get into the yellow.  Now, with
AlphaMax it is more well behaved.  I don't know much about the 3CPX800 other
than you can run higher plate voltage and the tube is rated for pulse service.
I am not sure how that applies to use in the 87A.

Larry, WA9MAG

Message: 4