Re: [Amps] What is this amp set up for

To: jeremy-ca <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What is this amp set up for
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 02:18:07 -0400
jeremy-ca wrote:
> When I first saw that listing it said modified; I see he has revised it.
>
> Thats not a bad price for smoke on 222 if the tube is perfect and
> trimming back the strip line should be rather easy
I would think it's too high even with a new tube. Really nice ones
unmodified on 2, or 6-meters have been going for around $1400 (give or
take)  Look carefully at the top.  It is bent in and has a circular row
of what appear to be holes.  I have one on 2 that is *almost* mint.  It
looked crappy when I purchased it at a swap.  I figured I could use it
for parts and hoped for a reasonably good tube.  A little cleaner and it
looks almost new with a good tube.

73

Roger (K8RI)