[Amps] Acom 1000 display?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Acom 1000 display?
From: cx7tt@4email.net
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:16:15 -0300
Hello,
I have a problem with the display on my 1000....when sending rtty on 20m
today, I glanced at the display and it had turned into gibberish....I
recycled the OPER button and even turned the amp off then back on to no
avail.
This is typical of what I see: when Drive RF power is selected, I see,
(_rive 'RF' power '''' pW) when Antenna VSWR is selected, I get (_ntenna
'VSWR ''' mmmmm) it seems that the numbers have been replaced with letters.
When Output Power is selected, I see (_utput'Power''''''pW)...when I key
the amp it initially displays EEEEEEEEEEEEEE but I still get 500w
output...I turned off the amp from the front panel and back panel,
waited a minute then turned everything back on...now I have NO display
at all although I can change the brightness and contrast...nothing, no
numbers, no letters...but amp still keys and I see power out in the
external tuner/wattmeter. Anybody else ever have this issue with an ACOM?
Any ideas or suggestions?
73
Tom
CX7TT