Re: [Amps] SWR & OPEN WIRE

To: "Mr. and Mrs. Magoo" <magoo@isp.ca>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SWR & OPEN WIRE
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:10:13 +0800
At 07:25 AM 24/04/2009, Mr. and Mrs. Magoo wrote:

snip

>We have become too focused on SWR, IMHO.  Unless you run a BIG amp and are
>worried about heating/arcing etc an "SWR reading" well above 3+:1 won't have
>much effect as long as the amp can find a spot where it is "comfortable" and
>you can tune for peak output/minimum plate current.
>
>Bill, VE3NH

Yeah, that's dead right. You match the source impedance (amplifier
output) to the load impedance (coax, tuner or whatever) and maximum
power transfer takes place. That's all you need to worry about.

73, Alek
VK6APK

No virus found in this outgoing message
Checked by PC Tools AntiVirus (5.0.1.1 - 10.100.109).
http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/