Re: [Amps] Henry 3K Classic project.

To: "Donald Fox" <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 3K Classic project.
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:04:33 -0700
Don,
Inspect the HV wiring. They used wire that dried out to the point that the
insulation just fell off. It was the kind of wire that is used today as test
lead wire. It has a very soft feel to it. I restored a 2KD5 and that was the
problem. Amp worked fine after replacing all the "red wire". The major
problem was that HV wire was in a wire bundle.
Replace the grommets too, TLC to the inards and you will have a good amp.
Just saying that worked for me.
GL Hardy N7RT