Re: [Amps] Eimac tube on the 'bay

To: "k7rdx" <k7rdx@charter.net>,"Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Eimac tube on the 'bay
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 17:51:25 +0800
Yeah, we've got a very hefty 3 phase supply to give us 6kV DC.

Actually, I have a question regarding our transformer. Being 3 phase,
it has 3 windings of 4200V AC and the nameplate says that they are
rated at 1.5Amps.

Once rectified, we will have 6kV of course but my question is; at
what current rating? Will it be 1.5A or do we multiply by that by 3
because of the 3 phase working?

It doesn't really matter as the transformer is from a tv transmitter
and so it is CCS rated and we should have enough grunt for our YC156.

73, Alek.

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6py