Re: [Amps] 2x 4cx1500b amp

To: felipe@dxwatch.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2x 4cx1500b amp
From: Felipe Ceglia - PY1NB <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:28:47 -0200
Hi folks,

Thank you for the replies you sent me.

Regarding the HV transformer, some things that I could gather from your replies:

- not use a center tap on the secondary
- look for hypersil or other good quality iron
- good copper wire insulation
- good layer insulation
- primary taps are a good idea, but them should not go too far.
- secondary taps are not a seven-headed beast, but I wont be able to change
that
on the fly

So, I wonder as having these specs for my price quotations:

primary:
0 - 200 - 210 - 220 - 230

secondary
0 - 2400 - 2600 - 2800 - 3000 - 3200 - 3400 (no center tap)

I believe that will make room for future projects using the same transformer.

73 TU,

Felipe