[Amps] Sigma XR-3000D

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Sigma XR-3000D
From: "Bill Gaines AD8P" <ad8p@wcoil.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:34:55 -0500
I have an old Sigma XR3000D I have had since they came out 25 years ago or
more. It ran a pair of 3-500 tubes and operated from 160 thru 10 meters. Other
than a beefy power supply and solid band switches it was pretty much otherwise
an amp that would constantly require TLC. It has been sitting on my shelf since
I bought a Ten Tec Centurion to replace it. Due to heat (under rated cooling
fan) the main tank coil broke/cracked. Anyone out there in cyberspace have one
of these jewels and parting it out? I suppose a coil covering 160 thru 15
meters might work just so it is physically the same size or close.

Bill AD8P
mycall at wcoil dot com