[Amps] transformer duty cycle

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] transformer duty cycle
From: Felipe Ceglia <felipeceglia2@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 20:01:11 -0200
Hi Folks,

While making price quotations for the transformer for y 2 4cx1500b amp, the
guys often asked me  what its duty cycle would be.

I dont know what exactly this changes in a transformer, but I imagine that
that might have something to do with why some ham radio amps are so small
and lightweight. hihi

One of the quotes was rated at 3200v 2.5amp 140kilogram (the guy said they
would use good qualitty core material, grain oriented)

What duty cycle should I specify for CW/SSB contesting? Assuming that this
would be a running station, with enless CQs...

73 and thanks for your patience,

Felipe - PY1NB