Re: [Amps] GS35B grid current

To: garyschafer@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] GS35B grid current
From: jeff millar <jeff@wa1hco.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2010 16:18:23 -0500
Gary...

You will see only 10 dB gain at 2500V...so about 1000W out for 100W in.
Plate current can swing to 1A, but you may not be able to get it much
above 800 mA. Grid current can get very high compared to an 8877, you
may see as much as 200 mA.

Here's a bunch of operational data
http://www.nd2x.net/tube-ops.html

Note that nobody on that list runs them at only 2500V. If you were in a
Russian tank, it might be a good idea, but for hams the tubes don't
really start to operate well until the plate voltage gets above 3500V.

Ignore the whiners about data sheet specifications.

jeff, wa1hco