Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.

To: <garyschafer@comcast.net>, <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] placement of RF choke bypass cap.
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:14:54 -0000
Fascinating stuff, this.

Each surface of the plate, then, has different currents flowing along it:
take a large hole in the chassis and connect a thin wire from one side to
the other only touching each side in one small spot on each side of the
hole; and the wire is not touching the sides of the hole.  Are you saying
there is no conductive path along the surface of the wire?  Even tho this
looks like it's joining 2 currents together, ie locally creating a circuit.
Presumably, then, there is a field preventing the current flow along the
surface of the wire?  Describe the mechanism, enquiring minds and all
that...

David
G3UNA