Re: [Amps] unbuilt SB-220 on Ebay.... WHY?

To: <donroden@hiwaay.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] unbuilt SB-220 on Ebay.... WHY?
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 17:53:42 -0700
I can't resist this one.
You open it up----the Silver Fish have eaten your manual, the spaghetti
tubing is brittle as spaghetti and disolves in your hand, the terminal
strips are so oxidized they require steel wool to be solderable, etc. I have
seen this and it's not pretty.
My recomendation is to part it out. Even the tubes maybe no good after that
long sitting in a box. And as Carl said this amp really needs work to be a
viable working unit.
73 Hardy N7RT