Re: [Amps] Grounded grid matching circuit

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grounded grid matching circuit
From: Mike Lucas <W5CHR@Bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 21:09:38 -0500
On 4/16/2010 8:44 PM, k7fm wrote:
> Well, you can have a broadband input - well sort of.
>
> Assuming you have excess driver power, you could dissipate the extra
> power in a swamping resistor.  Determine how much power is to be
> absorbed by the swamping resistor.  Then, since you know the input
> load and load of the amplifier tubes, you will use an unun to match
> impedances and also provide a low impedance load for the final cathode.
>
> Then you will also not have to worry about overdriving the final tube
> and relying on ALC.
>
> 73,  Colin  K7FM

    Colin: Drive power is 100 watts to a 4PR1000 with 5000v on the
anode. I (think) it will make near legal limit output
    with a 200 ohm resistor and a 4:1 unun. Will such an input screw up
the IMD without a tuned circuit,
    or is a QRP signal (<1500W) unlikely to be noticed on 160 or 75M? I
don't mind experimenting, but I HATE
    loud, expensive noises!

    Mike W5CHR
    Memphis