Re: [Amps] Drake L-7 arcing on 80m

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>,"Bill Dzurilla" <billdz.geo@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L-7 arcing on 80m
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 06:26:33 +0800
G'day Bill

Do as Carl suggests.

A friend, VK6RK, had a L7 with the exact same symptom. In his case,
you could actually hear the plates rubbing or touching when the
amplifier was switched off as well.

He tried everything to get at the capacitor and straighten the plates
but in the end, he had to bite the bullet and take the whole bloody
thing out and do it on the bench.

The amp works very well now, so the time spent was well worth it as
he picked it up at a basket case price.

73, Alek.
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk