[Amps] Heath copyright

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Heath copyright
From: john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 16:08:43 -0400
If there is a bogeyman in this discussion (and I'm not sure there is) ,
direct such bogeyman
anger to Heathkit not the current owner.  I saw the auction where Heath sold
this stuff,  and
they marketed their manuals as product with republication rights.  In our
idyllic world where
we all give away the fruits of our labor, it was Heaths ball to give away...and
they didn't .
They auctioned their manuals with  the explicit statement of  owning
republication rights.

We armchair lawyers can debate the validity of that claim, but until someone
ponies up the
bucks to hire attorneys, it's all just hot air.

John  K5MO