Re: [Amps] use or not coaxial audio cable to transmitter's

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] use or not coaxial audio cable to transmitter's
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 17:54:22 +0800
Get yourself some ferrite rods and wind as many turns of rg58 as you
can fit on it to make a 'line isolator' choke. Place this choke in
the rg58 coax line close to your pll driver.

Similarly. Make a line isolator choke and place it in the feedline as
close as possible to the feedpoint of your inverted L antenna.

That should solve your problems as it sounds like you are getting rf
into places that you don't want it to be. The chokes should help
significantly in this regard.

If you don't have any ferrite rods or you are not up to making the
line isolator chokes yourself, then go to RadioWorks and buy a few of
their ready made models.

Also, wrapping a few turns of each lead going in or out of your
equipment through a snap on ferrite will not harm the cause at all.

73, Alek
VK6APK

http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6apk
http://www.qrz.com/db/vk6ap