Re: [Amps] use or not coaxial audio cable to transmitter's

To: "'W5CUL'" <w5cul@sbcglobal.net>, "'Jim Thomson'" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] use or not coaxial audio cable to transmitter's
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 20:49:11 -0500
An impedance mismatch at the antenna (high reflected power) does not cause
RF to appear on the outside of the coax.
The reason RF is on the shield of the coax is because it is acting as part
of the antenna. Just like a dipole does when no choke is used at the feed
point.
The antenna may also be too close to the rig and radiating directly into the
rig/microphone cable.

73
Gary  K4FMX