Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?

Subject: Re: [Amps] HV rectifier strings - to bypass or not?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:51:09 -0700
Thanks to all for the good ideas, guys.

Carl's suggestion of putting 4700pf across each leg is one of those
elegant ones... The point of overbuilding (in this case with a YC156) is
long-term reliability. Touches like MOV's from each leg of the mains to
ground, a 50-ohm 100-watt glitch resistor and now the 4700pf caps across
each leg of the bridge are what help keep the cabinet screws from coming
out and all the smoke and hair-raising "bangs" contained.

The multiple-path bypass caps are something I learned about many moons
ago with medium-power VHF AM rigs, (at Ft. Gordon, GA for useless trivia
buffs) but really hadn't considered at HF.

Now for Multronics aka Cardwell aka Viking to get the roller built
before I expire from impatience. 10 weeks seems like a long... time... !

73,
Jim N7CXI