Re: [Amps] Fireing up a old Tl922 amplifier.

To: BEHIELS JEAN-PIERRE <ON4AEF@base.be>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fireing up a old Tl922 amplifier.
From: Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 10:25:35 +0000
It might be worth powering up the amp with the tubes out just in case
you have a problem with a tube.

I had one tube that was very low emission but was able to re-activate it
using the circuit described here:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pa0fri/Lineairs/TL922/tl-922eng.htm
<http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Epa0fri/Lineairs/TL922/tl-922eng.htm>

there's also a lot of good engineering tips on PAR0FRI's pages.

So far I've put the HT glitch resistor and fuse in and changed the
suppressors.

My amp is happiest on 40m (no surprise there really) and will provide
approx 1150W out, dropping to about 950W on 10m.

Mike G8TIC