Re: [Amps] Prefab Cabinets

To: Mel <itz_da_police@yahoo.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Prefab Cabinets
From: Lee Buller <k0wa@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2011 06:36:20 -0800 (PST)
Well, this is a interest topic....

I have been looking at the same issue and I am cheap.  I work in the IT world
at
a School District and we were getting rid of some very old P3 towers.  As I was
taking the guts out of the computer (we keep HD/ Memory/CD Rom players/ PS for
parts) I started looking at the case.  It was a great full tower case made for
or by HP.  Steel outer case and pot-metal innards.  If you laid the case on its
side, it was a great space for an amp that I want to build.  The side of the
case (now the lid) comes off with latch mechanism.  I took out the guts of the
case including the metal innards and started working with it.  It makes a
pretty
good case with a little metal work and I will have about $20.00 worth of
additional aluminum in it.

I played with the idea if going "outside the box" and building the amplifier in
a "tower configuration" but decided it would be to far out of the box.  but, I
think it could be done and save desktop space for the amp.  It would have
looked
a little weird.  Might still do it.

Lee - K0WA

 In our day and age it seems that Common Sense is in short supply.  If you
don't
have any Common Sense - get some Common Sense and use it.  If you can't find
any
Common Sense, ask for help from somebody who has some Common Sense.  Is Common
Sense divine?

Common Sense is the image of the Creator expressing revealed truth in my mind.
-  John W. (Kansas)