Re: [Amps] Overdrive protection

To: "Mike Tubby" <mike@tubby.org>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Overdrive protection
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 20:17:07 -0400
I havent used ALC since I got rid of the Drake C Lines which were driving a
pair of NCL-2000's which were a bit touchy about overdrive in AB1. The
replacement TS-930's had adjustable power and internal ALC loops which was
all I needed.

My current amps and TS-950SD & TS-940 run at reduced power since the IMD
sweet spot is 75-80W and Im still getting 1200W out of the LK-500ZC main amp
with the original 1986 Eimac 3-500Z's.

The Alpha 76PA 3 holer has 80's tubes I bought used (got the amp as a
contest beat to death basket case) and run at 1200W and the Dentron MLA-2500
and DTR-2000 backups have their original tubes and have never been pushed.

I guess no company is getting rich off me....too bad.

Carl
KM1H