Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7 pulled from MRI

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7 pulled from MRI
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 10:50:45 +0800
On 3/08/2012 9:18 AM, Jerry Kaidor wrote:
>> Yes, most of that medical equipment is now solid state and just about all
>> of the surplus tube equipment in that field has already been stripped out
>> for  parts.
> *** I wonder if any of it got shipped to the third world?  I bet there are
> plenty of clinics out there that would *love* to have some old, obsolete,
> unreliable MRI machines....
>
>                              - Jerry Kaidor, KF6VB

None in this corner of the Third World.

The people in charge of these machines would have heard somewhere, that
the tubes contained Beryllium. That would immediately class them as
hazardous waste, to be destroyed at great expense to the nation and
great regret to its ham population.

I for one, have never heard of ex MRI tubes ever becoming available,
anywhere in this country. They would show up at hamfests and classified
ad sites if they were.

73, Alek
VK6APK

 From sunny Binningup, Western Australia.