Re: [Amps] Most power ever run on amateur radio :-)

To: Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Most power ever run on amateur radio :-)
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:41:13 -0500
The original question concerned AMATEUR RADIO use ... not illegal CB.

My recollection was that a certain OD5 station used Radio Lebanon transmitters/antennas on 20m quite often. Best estimate was 40Kw into high gain antennas.

He would be the ONLY station on the band at unusual hours ... and S9+++ at all times.

I notice that George is no longer listed as a ham.

73
Don
N8DE

Quoting Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>:

Hi all,
I know a few stations running around 100 Kw in CB 27 MHz keydown contest, mobile and fixed. They use 3 x 3CX20.000 and 2 x 3CX20.000There are even more stations around 40 Kw (just one 3CX20.000) for same CB27 keydown contest.Some of them are HF bands capable and I know someone tested it in HF bands. There are quite a lot stations running between 5 to 15 Kw HF amplifiers, both Dx and contest stations. 2 x 3CX5.000 or 1 x 3CX10.000, 1 x 3CX15.000, etc...
Watch this;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tez6N006H9k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90gL4FJs5b4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icSldZE-5KE