Re: [Amps] MOVs

To: Steve Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MOVs
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:27:10 -0800
Interesting. When I lived there the pins were flat with two of them angled. Apparently the standard changed to round pins some years ago; new sockets accept both types. But what I am interested in is the relationship of the 240v lines to ground. They are usually labeled "L" and "N" (live and neutral?) and I wonder if the N is grounded somewhere.

I want to be able to protect the equipment against both common mode and differential mode surges. I think a MOV across the hot pins would only work for differential mode.