Re: [Amps] commander hf-2500 schematic

Subject: Re: [Amps] commander hf-2500 schematic
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2013 10:12:01 +0800
It would be nice if you could pdf all the variants that you have and upload them to BAMA.

http://bama.edebris.com/manuals/

73, Alek.

On 7/04/2013 9:33 PM, K1TTT wrote:
Ok, now I'm making some progress... thanks for some of the tips in here.
Yesterday I traced out the circuits for the rf deck, hv power supply, and
meter board, and was able to connect up the whole loop from B+ to B-, and it
obviously didn't match the schematic that came with that amp... mainly the
schematic showed a 8.2v 50w zener doing the biasing during tx and a grid
leak resistor during rx that were switched by a relay... well, that relay
existed but the terminals that should have switched the bias weren't hooked
up.   So today I was going to trace out the control and bias board which is
up against the side frame of the inner case and partially blocked from view.
So last night I dismounted it and got it so I could expose the whole thing
so I could take pictures of the top and bottom to make tracing it out
easier.  This morning after another hint, and in looking at the board I
found a label on it "QSK-1"... I don't have QSK in this amp and the old
schematic had no reference to that.  BUT, the circuit started looking
familiar, and since I have several generations of those amps (8 of them in
total from s/n 427 to s/n 765) I flipped through a couple of the newer books
where I remembered seeing schematics for QSK boards and other variations.
It appears that Pat started using newer boards but shipped some of the older
amps without updating the schematics.  So by s/n 427, bought in 1993, he had
changed the control board in non-qsk amps to use the qsk bias and control
board that is documented in later manuals.  I have found one of the 400
series ones where he stuck in an updated schematic for the control board,
but not all of them have that.... and that schematic isn't the same as the
one I have, nor the same as is documented in a 700 series book.  So this is
progress... I went from having one bad schematic yesterday, to at least 4
different schematics this morning, one of which looks like the right one...
and also comes with a board layout diagram that looks correct.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net