Re: [Amps] LDG AT-100AMP

Subject: Re: [Amps] LDG AT-100AMP
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 18:31:11 +0800
See http://www.w4rt.com/

They sell them for US$203.00 plus shipping. That's where I got mine.

73, Alek. VK6APK

On 3/06/2013 6:09 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:

No. But I'm gonna try it. I have one in an amp under construction.
If its no good, I'll repack it into a robust, weatherproof box or tube
and stick a 10ft stainless whip out the top and use it as an auto tune
hf antenna, mounted on the roo bar of my vehicle that I take fishing on
the beach. ('86 Landcruiser)
I reckon it will work really well in that application. Iim almost hoping
that it won't suit the amp. Work some dog xray when the fish ain't bitin'.
73, Alek.
VK6APK
PS: Wanna know what a roo bar is?
See
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=roo+bar&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RlmsUZm3D6SCiQewzoDQDQ&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=728
and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullbar

03/06/2013 11:05

I believe the AT-100AMP is no longer made, so short of finding old
stock I am told you can use an AT-100PRO auto atu and swap the CPU for
one from a US ham? Then you use the bare board as a "clone" AT-100AMP.
I have e-mailed this ham and asked if the CPU can be used in an
AT-200PRO auto atu so as to allow more than 100 watts drive power. If
not I will probably still have a play with an AT-100AMP clone. Please
let us know how you get along.

--
From sunny Binningup, Western Australia.

Family Businesses: