Re: [Amps] Power output drop

To: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power output drop
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 20:35:17 -0500
Thanks, Vic. Someone else (in a private e-mail) just suggested line
voltage. I do monitor the filament voltage, but I should monitor the 240
VAC and look at the HV meter, too. There is a "too-long" run of #12 from
the breaker panel to the amp, and if that wiring heats up, that might do it.

As for the pi-net caps, that's what I thought at first. I have padder caps
--some with a high negative temp coefficient--- on both C1 and C2 in the
pi-net output. However, re-tuning should compensate for that and bring it
back up to full power out (shouldn't it?), but it never does.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com