Re: [Amps] Power output drop

Subject: Re: [Amps] Power output drop
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:56:23 +0800
It could be the loading padder cap/s. They may be getting warm and going open circuit. If that is the case, then no amount of retuning will bring the power back up.

I make this suggestion because in my experience with several of the old Yaesu FL-2100 amps, the fixed caps in the input tuning network go open circuit from heat after some time of operation. In those cases, you can stick the cap on a C meter and watch it go open and come good by using a hot air gun and freezer spray.

Good luck.
Alek. VK6APK